Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can AE CS4 do full float unclamped? CS3 no but CS4 yes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can AE CS4 do full float unclamped? CS3 no but CS4 yes?

Hi all

I know you can't have full float unclamped in AE CS3. But do you have it in AE CS4?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I'm not sure I understand the question, ae cs3 doesn't clamp files.

Comment

Hmmm I must have been mistaken then. If AE CS3 doesn't clamp files then I geuss AE CS4 doesn't either.

But apparently PhotoShop CS3 clamps files. Does PS CS4 not?
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

actually ps cs3 doesn't do that either. why do you say it clamps colours?

Comment

from Chris Nichols post about how to comp passes. I tried it on a buddy's pc and all my stuff comes out darker. (I get the exact same result in Combustion on my pc than I do in Photoshop on my buddy's pc) A darker image than my VFB. In the post I'm talking about it was mentioned several times that Combustion and Photoshop clamps float images at 1.0 (except if you use rpf in combustion)
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

can you show us any picture/screengrab? I usually don't do any compositing in ps, but having something to look at may help us getting an idea of what is wrong there.

I guess clamping it's not the issue, even though it certainly could have been in older ps version. such as the one that was around when the thread was posted.

Comment

its a bit hectic here now, will post something in the original thread by Chris in a few days...
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

you need to set your project to work in 32bit color space. by default, it starts in 8bit. It's in the project settings.

Comment

you can switch the project at any time by holding Alt and clicking on bit depth (prob 8bit by default) at the bottom of the Project tab. That will cycle through 8 16 and 32

Comment

Working...
                  X