movign cars in animation...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• movign cars in animation...?

Got a question for people making animations with moving cars.
    Is there any cheaper plugin for doing car animation (wheels spinning, cars following paths etc)
    than icube cityTraffic that costs 300Euro !!. I don;t need any sophisticated thing, jus wheels to spin with real speed based on car speed and so car follows the spline. I tried madcar plugin but there's no pathfollow option only manual driving. Any recommendations?
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

hi,
    for simple car animations you don´t need a plugin.
    Just link the car model to a helper object, put a "path contraint" with the "follow" option checked on that dummy and select the spline for the motion.
    You won´t see if the wheels are turning correctly with motion blur so you can just give them a spin by hand. To make things easier you can wire the rolling axis of one wheel to the rest.
    Reflect, repent and reboot.
    Order shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by tammo View Post
      hi,
      for simple car animations you don´t need a plugin.
      Just link the car model to a helper object, put a "path contraint" with the "follow" option checked on that dummy and select the spline for the motion.
      You won´t see if the wheels are turning correctly with motion blur so you can just give them a spin by hand. To make things easier you can wire the rolling axis of one wheel to the rest.
      yes but I'm not using mb and the biggest problem for me is to match correctly wheel spin to speed of the car.
      Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Might help but involves a bit of scripting: http://www.3dtotal.com//team/Tutoria...g_part1_03.php
        www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Downloaded this ages ago and never got round to trying it out. It's freeware and looks very promising, but it is for max9, so I'm not sure if it'll work with newer versions of max. If anyone tries it, please let me know how it works out.

EzCarRig:

http://laurent.renaud.free.fr/ezcarrig-UK.html
          -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

wow this one looks grate! Thank you very much!
            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Working...
            X