Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any freelance tips for handling multiple projects simultanously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough but nessasary.. life is brutal
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

I see that probably I'm the only one that take in consideration the opportunity to let some work go away
      Let me say something about it just to elaborate my thoughts:
      as someone said above, outsourcing is an option but if you are not Santa Klaus you HAVE to charge something for coordination and management and so on! ...what's the final consequence? the client has to pay 20% more! and if your outsourcing guy acts the same as you? ...20% more and so on ...you know what I mean, it a typical issue of global economy. IMHO it's not a great idea! I personally prefer to take only the work that I can afford that time (well, just a little bit more only to grow up a little).
      Well, it's also important to know what kind of client we are talking about but; as I already mentioned somewhere, in my specific case, 90% of times it's a problem related to really bad client scheduling (or political issue if it's public).
      As conclusion, from my experience, I have no evidence that I will lose a client if I refuse a work; the same way I've no evidence that the same client will come back if I work for him night and day to match his ridicoluos deadline; so, for me it's a sort of "urban legend"!
      Alessandro

Comment

This was by busiest year to date, which was great considering the property crash here, anyways I am well aware of such workloads. My solution was simple, based on timeframes/ accuracy /cost I outsourced some of the 3D modelling to China, (All rendering was done here) yeah sure I'd like to give it to the guy down the road but I would come into work in the morning, 3D model waiting in my inbox never had any issues. Try and keep a cool head regardless of what pressure you are under.
        Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Interesting - if you don't mind my asking, who did you use in china to do your modelling? Was it a random contact or someone you already knew?

Comment

PM' ed you the details,
            T
            Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

lol

pm me to =) ! i need anything i can get. haha. I will tell them to give you a commision. lol always nice to have the contact. "Just in case"
              Ruben Gil
              www.spvisionz.com
              www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

I would also like to know the China contact if you dont mind. I do have jobs where I just require modelling..if you have someone reliable and cost effective, that would be great.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                X