Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROBLEMS with image refresh thingy.

hi guys,

i have a problem with display in my dell ultrasharp 24" lcd monitor.
    i am using windows xp 32 bit with:
    cpu :q6600 overclocked to 3.06gHz
    display card : palit geforce275gtx
    ram : 4gb ram (3gb switch)
    all drivers are installed
    windows is updated

the problem is whenever i render more than 1500 pix width, the frame buffer shows only black, i have to hover another window on the top of it, then the visual comes out.
    i have problems with PDF as well, when i scroll down, it shows the same thing, and i had to "wipe" the window with another window so it will reveal what it suppose to be revealing.
    is anybody out there having similar problem, and please can you kindly let me know how to solve this problem ? thanks.
    Dominique Laksmana

Are you running Direct3D or Opengl? Try switching it around and see what happens.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

even if i don't open the 3dmax, it still does the same thing. especially after i open the windows picture viewer..
      Dominique Laksmana

Comment

I have the exact same problem. It happens with 3DS Max, image viewers, Illustrator and PDFs. It's the 3gb switch. That's what it is for me anyway. Reboot without it and see if you still have the problem. Unfortunately I don't know why it does that. I have to work with the 3gb switch off and then when I'm ready to render a large image (usually ~5,000px wide) I reboot with the 3gb switch on. I hate that.
        Paul

Comment

i am still having the problem after rebooting without the 3gb switch. but this time not so bad. it happens to me with most of the software. even photoshop. well... time to change to xp 64 i guess....
          Dominique Laksmana

Comment

edited edited
            Dominique Laksmana

Comment

I'm wondering if this is one of the main differences between a 'pro' workstation class card and a top end gamers card, which the 275gtx is?

As a last thing to try, stop the overclocking and put your system into its normal/auto state.
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket

Comment

i tried that as well, tricky, it didn't change. gtx275 is a gaming card. not a pro i guess.. but i have never had this thing with smaller monitor... maybe got to go SLI... i donno.. what do you think?

by the way, thanks for the replies. they help in some ways..
                Dominique Laksmana

Comment

I have an old Quadro FX 3000. I don't overclock anything. I wish I could go 64-bit but that would mean getting a new computer which I desperately need. My boss won't go for it because "I've been doing just fine with what I got". Sigh....
                  Paul

Comment

Originally posted by dominiquelaksmana View Post
                    i tried that as well, tricky, it didn't change. gtx275 is a gaming card. not a pro i guess.. but i have never had this thing with smaller monitor... maybe got to go SLI... i donno.. what do you think?

by the way, thanks for the replies. they help in some ways..
                    Does it happen straight away as soon as you boot your computer after it has been off for a while (overnight for instance so that everything is cool)? If it only happens after a few minutes, it could be that something is getting too hot perhaps? If its the card I am thinking of, maybe the fans just can't keep it cool enough.

To me (and I'm no expert!) it sounds like the graphics card is being stretched too far, especially since it works fine at lower resolutions. I wouldn't know about SLI I'm afraid. How about checking out Ebay for an older 'pro' card and see if that helps the problem? You don't need really ultra high end, but something with a reasonably recent pro chipset on it.

Just an idea. I'm sure some other chap(ette) on the forum will have more suggestions.
                    Kind Regards,
                    Richard Birket

Comment

it happens after i open 2-3 software and close it, and try another one, and close it again, not necessarily to be overnight, but 1-2 hours, or half an hour, if i open 2-3 programs like autocad, photoshop, windows picture viewer, and close all that, and after that i open pdf, it will happen all over again. it's like the resources are being used and never returned.
                      Dominique Laksmana

Comment

odd, but usually black framebuffer means its out of ram and cant store it to display the image.
                        It does not happen to me at such small res though. Usually if you render 1500 pixels with say 10-20 render elements then it has to hold 1500*(render elements) in memory at same time and thats when it will have hard time.
                        Dmitry Vinnik
                        Silhouette Images Inc.
                        ShowReel:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                        X