Screen wonkiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen wonkiness

Before I rip out my video card and toss in an older one, I thought I'd see if anyone has had similar issues.

Frequently when I select an object the screen will jump to another location far from the selected object. Eventually Max becomes rather unresponsive as it enters some sort of loop; perhaps trying to refresh the screen.

Win 7 Build 7100
    Max 2009 64 / Direct X 9
    Nvidia GTX 275

Have to ask - you have the latest 2009 service pack as well as the specific nVidia beta drivers for Win 7 installed? Doesn't sound like a graphics card issue since my 275 runs perfectly fine.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Yes and yes.

Running Release 11.0 SP1 and Driver Version 190.62 for Win 7 64b.

Sigh. For shits and giggles I'm going to nuke both and do a clean install.

Talk about a serious productivity killer and I just had to pass on going out to grab a beer; not sure which is worse.

Comment

Just grabbed the Beta drivers; had to search for them.

Word. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the suggestion.
        Last edited by sea2stars; 02-10-2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Or not. Acting up again. I may just switch out the card when I have a free moment; like Tuesday.

Comment

I think I have it sorted now.

Under the Nvidia control panel, "Use the advanced 3D image settings" was selected by default. Picking "Let the 3D application decide" seems to have done the trick; took a few tries to get it to stick though.

Comment

Working...
            X