Is selling 3d models viable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is selling 3d models viable?

So i figure with all the furniture and plants i'm making/have made (that actually exist and reference real-world species/designs), it might be worth selling them on something like turbosquid.

Has anyone done a similar thing, and is it worth it?

Depends on the category. Really popular categories are vehicles and weapons. The rest aren't as popular. I think the key is to have something unique.

I've made money off of selling stuff I modeled made many, many years ago when I first started learning... And it surprises me but they continue to gross sales.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

i sure could use a lot more plants found here in barbados lol
      bougainvillea is a popular one asked for that i usually have to photoshop in which i hate. or even crotons

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
        bougainvillea is a popular one asked for that i usually have to photoshop in which i hate. or even crotons
        This guy has some nice plants and has a believable Bougainvillea, too. Priced friendly, too, I've bought a few of them.
        http://www.charleycarlat.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
          Hey Da elf.....Grow Ivy can do a very good bouganvillia if you tweak the parameters a bit. The best thing about it is that you can do any shape size...as opposed to buying just one shape /size that you can't change.
          cheers

Comment

he does indeed have a small one. something growing ivy can do but im more interested in something thats about 5-10 feet tall and 8-15 feet diameter. but then again... if i make the right framework for the ivy i could grow a really large bush

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

plants

I would be intersted in buying your plants...i really would be..
              Davis
              Originally posted by 3DMK
              do I want to be a rich business man or a poor artist?

caddworkx

Comment

I had a talk with the bossessesessses yesterday and they decided against it. It is certainly a "what have we got to lose" situation, but then if they do get out there amongst the illegituminati, or even amongst people who buy them, clients may say "hey i've seen that plant/furniture model before", like those poor overused AXYZ models

I couldn't give a stuff about this and would love to sell them. I'd buy them if I wanted a specific species of plant - making them is time consuming, but the bosssesssesses are the bosesssessses!

Comment

dont we all hate bossessess. hehe oh wait. im my own bosses

Comment

Hi Da_elf!

Have you seen this tut?

http://www.mosettistudios.com/blog/bougainvillea-vray

Preisler
                    Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk
                    www.linkedin.com/in/3dpixel

Comment

Working...
                    X