large "zoom-steps" by using scroll wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• large "zoom-steps" by using scroll wheel

i am curious if there is a possibility to fix the problem, that in larger scenes, while zooming with the scroll wheel in the prespective viewport, the zoom steps are quite large. if i make a new scene with only a view little objects the "zoom steps" are much smaller when i scroll.

You can hold 'Alt' while scrolling to use smaller steps. I think there's a setting in the preferences but I'm not in front of Max at the moment.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

thanks works great!

Comment

...and hold ctrl to do bigger zooming!
        -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

thanks dellis, also useful

Comment

hold em all (ctrl, alt and middle mouse button) and move your mouse forward and you can do an infinite push in (unlike the scrolling which gets incrementally smaller as you get closer)

Comment

Originally posted by pg1 View Post
              hold em all (ctrl, alt and middle mouse button) and move your mouse forward and you can do an infinite push in (unlike the scrolling which gets incrementally smaller as you get closer)
              you can "calibrate" the zoom steps by using the "zoom extents selected" button. it will take the target object dimensions as a reference for the zooming behaviour. if you use it to zoom to the whole scene (all objects selected), zooming will behave differently than if you zoom to a single chair.
              Marc Lorenz
              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
              www.marclorenz.com
              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

thanks for the hint marc. i missed your post, it`s very useful to me.
                liebe grüße aus graz, max

Comment

all useful. and you can use ctrl alt delete if things screw up lol

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Ctrl-Z
                    Colin Senner

Comment

I'm a Ctrl freak

Comment

Working...
                      X