Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated V-Ray AO Script: Ambient Light, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated V-Ray AO Script: Ambient Light, etc.

I've been updating Marc's great Ambient Occlusion script (here) for quite some time now for my own use and I thought I'd post it so everyone else can join in on some of the fun. Everything's pretty evident in the dialog box but here's what I've added:
    • Support for VrayAmbient Light
    • Skylight option w/ VrayDirt material as material override
    • Additional Dirtmap Options (Distribution, Falloff, Z Bias)
    • Adaptive Subdivision option for Image Sampler (useful if you need it but not optimal)
    • Environment Color Override
    • Displacement on/off (default off)
    • Camera Exposure option (turns off vignetting too)
    • Light Multiplier (mainly useful for the skylight which can come out a little dark)
    • Material Override Option
    • Reflect/Refract Option (if not using the material override)
    • Render Last Option (like F9 for the regular render)
    • Automatically disable Vray Frame Buffer filesaving so you don't overwrite your main render

The new ambient light option pretty much replaces the old dirtmap option but the results can be different depending on surface normals so I left it in. The new option to use vraydirt as the material override on a skylight render can be used to delineate the corners a little more where the skylight might make two right angle planes almost the same shade (just keep the radius fairly small-see example below). Also depending on which method/options you choose different options will be enabled or disabled (e.g., you can't use the skylight with dirtmap option and use the diffuse materials since the dirtmap option in this case relies on overriding the materials).

Ambient Light with override material:

Ambient Light with diffuse materials and reflect/refract off:

SkyLight (only) with override material:

SkyLight with dirtmap and override material:

Get the script here. Run the script and it'll be under "dPict Tools" --> "VRay Ambient Occlusion". Please let me know any questions or problems you have with it .

Thanks again to Marc for the original script - I would have been lost on trying to initially set up all of this stuff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dlparisi; 10-11-2009, 11:09 AM.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

script

Your download isn't working for me
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
      Your download isn't working for me
      Hmmm, works just fine for me and a few friends I asked. Uploaded as attachment though in this post...

BTW: this was tested in Max 9 so I'm not sure it works in future versions but I don't think there's anything in it that should preculde it from working.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dlparisi; 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Looks very nice. thank you so much!
        :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Working...
        X