Maxscript Rollout question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxscript Rollout question...

I'm updating a script (original here) with some new tools and in doing so I've converted it to a floater window with rolled up rollouts rather than a regular dialog rollout (always open). I'd like to have some of the buttons, namely the "Render" button, always visible, i.e., not on a rollout. Kind of like how it is on the max render options dialog where the render options (like all of the vray options) can be rolled up but the render button is always available.

Is this possible in regular maxscript? Any way to just make a rollout to be not 'rollupable'?
    Last edited by dlparisi; 27-11-2009, 01:08 PM.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

to recreate the render dialog you can use a resizeable dialog with embedded subrollouts.
    you have to use callback functions to re-position the render button, and the subrollout dimensions.
    something like: on dialog resized val do ( button.y = dialog.height - 50)

it's also perfectly possible to recreate the render dialog tabs, but this is a bit tricky. ( dotNet tab interface)
    Last edited by plastic_; 27-11-2009, 01:38 PM.
    Marc Lorenz
    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
    www.marclorenz.com
    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Originally posted by plastic_ View Post
      to recreate the render dialog you can use a resizeable dialog with embedded subrollouts.
      you have to use callback functions to re-position the render button, and the subrollout dimensions.
      something like: on dialog resized val do ( button.y = dialog.height - 50)

it's also perfectly possible to recreate the render dialog tabs, but this is a bit tricky. ( dotNet tab interface)
      Thanks Marc (of course for the original script too). I thought about doing it as subrollouts but I didn't think I could add these directly to a floating dialog box so I abandoned that, can I? I suppose I could go back to a regular dialog box but then I lose the ability to rollup sections of the dialog box. Another option I might go with is just creating a rollout in a floater containing all of the "permanent" buttons and whenever a "on ... rolledup" is called I just set it's open property back to true so it stays open.

Is there any way to add a button directly to a floating dialog without adding it as part of a rollout?

I don't think I need the tabs, probably a little beyond me right now anyways.
      Last edited by dlparisi; 27-11-2009, 07:47 PM.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
        Thanks Marc (of course for the original script too). I thought about doing it as subrollouts but I didn't think I could add these directly to a floating dialog box so I abandoned that, can I? I suppose I could go back to a regular dialog box but then I lose the ability to rollup sections of the dialog box. Another option I might go with is just creating a rollout in a floater containing all of the "permanent" buttons and whenever a "on ... rolledup" is called I just set it's open property back to true so it stays open.

Is there any way to add a button directly to a floating dialog without adding it as part of a rollout?

I don't think I need the tabs, probably a little beyond me right now anyways.
        what do you mean, "add these directly to a floating dialog box"?
        like, dynamically, after the script started? do you want to be able to dynamically add or remove rollout sections while the script is running?
        Marc Lorenz
        www.marclorenz.com

Comment

here is a screenshot of an internal script, can't show too much of it or share the code right now, sorry.

but the code is a mess anyway, because of the complicated tab interface.

the dialog looks and behaves exactly like the render dialog,

it is a simple dialog with a subrollout area with attached rollouts, a text field, a render button.
          to allow vertical resizing, all 3 elements must be dynamically resized with an on resize function on the dialog. the rest is straightforward, just load any rollouts into the subrollout.
          Attached Files
          Marc Lorenz
          www.marclorenz.com

Comment

OK, I finally understood what you were trying to describe. Simply use a resizable dialog box with subrollouts. Got it to look and work exactly how I needed. What I wasn't grasping was twofold: one is that I forgot I could make regular dialog boxes resizeable (so I don't need to use a floating rollout), and two that I didn't know I could add multiple rollouts to a subrollout and that those will be able to be collapsed like I wanted. Lesson learned.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X