Forest Pack Lite/Pro 3.3 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Pack Lite/Pro 3.3 released

We are pleased to announce a new version of Forest Pack Lite/Pro. Many new features are included on this release:

* Distribution Map->Diversity new modes to define the variation of plants throughout the distribution area as "Clusters" and "Color ID map".
    * Scale Falloff from area splines.
    * Collision checking has been rewritten completely. The new algorithm is much more accurate and flexible.
    * Distribution Map now supports all types of maps, not only bitmaps. These include animated and procedural textures
    * Tint Color Maps including random and texture modes. All parameters can be defined globally or by material.
    * New Creation Tools modes. Scattering over complex surfaces is now possible as well.
    * The items can be rotated along any axis, not only Z. Added random rotation for X and Y axis.
    * Scattering process now is fully multithread, using all CPU cores. Performance gain can reach 100% in complex scenes.
    * And much more. See all changes in the release notes.

Besides the changes introduced, we have enabled Collision checking for Forest Lite. Most of the new features (as Diversity) are available as well !. We have also updated the Urban Park tutorial, adding the files for VRay/Max 9.

Forest Lite, the free version of the plugin can be used for any personal or commercial project. You can download it at www.itoosoft.com.
    Carlos Quintero
    iToo Software
    www.itoosoft.com

Nice XMas present...thanks...also for your top-notch support !!!

Comment

Thanks

Yes. thanks for the heads up
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

very generous! Used lite on a recent project, great piece of software.

Comment

Awesome

Couldn't work without it now, great support too!

laters

spike

Comment

An awesome update.

Sweet. Just downloaded.

Comment

Awesome, great update.
              www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Originally posted by Itoosoft View Post
                We are pleased to announce a new version of Forest Pack Lite/Pro. Many new features are included on this release:

* Distribution Map->Diversity new modes to define the variation of plants throughout the distribution area as "Clusters" and "Color ID map".
                * Scale Falloff from area splines.
                * Collision checking has been rewritten completely. The new algorithm is much more accurate and flexible.
                * Distribution Map now supports all types of maps, not only bitmaps. These include animated and procedural textures
                * Tint Color Maps including random and texture modes. All parameters can be defined globally or by material.
                * New Creation Tools modes. Scattering over complex surfaces is now possible as well.
                * The items can be rotated along any axis, not only Z. Added random rotation for X and Y axis.
                * Scattering process now is fully multithread, using all CPU cores. Performance gain can reach 100% in complex scenes.
                * And much more. See all changes in the release notes.

Besides the changes introduced, we have enabled Collision checking for Forest Lite. Most of the new features (as Diversity) are available as well !. We have also updated the Urban Park tutorial, adding the files for VRay/Max 9.

Forest Lite, the free version of the plugin can be used for any personal or commercial project. You can download it at www.itoosoft.com.
                You 've forget the bug I have discovered AND you have corrected regarding the DR rendering between 32 and 64bit systems.
                It was related to precision issue if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by n6 View Post
                  You 've forget the bug I have discovered AND you have corrected regarding the DR rendering between 32 and 64bit systems.
                  It was related to precision issue if I remember.
                  I've included only a partial list of the major changes. The number of minor changes and fixes since the latest public release (3.2.4) is huge. You can see them clicking in the release notes link.
                  Carlos Quintero
                  iToo Software
                  www.itoosoft.com

Comment

The Diversity thing is something I was really hanging out for after seeing how GroundWiz did it, and like most other features, you've made it even better!

Comment

Great Update!

I love this plugin although I haven't used it in a bit. Glad to see all the fantastic new features.
                      Steve Burke
                      www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Has anybody else had an issue with your proxies rendering out low in your scene? I have to raise the helpers 20' for then to display in the approximate place they should be.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Do you have align to normals enabled? Did you picked the right surface? Where is the pivot located on your proxies, at their base?
                          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

I don't think align to normals is an option in lite version, but I'll check, Pivot is at the base and I picked the correct surface. The helpers are sitting on the service and look good, but when I render the proxies render drops about 20'.
                            Bobby Parker
                            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Isn't that the limitation in Lite? That you can only render on a plane? Or do you mean that they render halfway down in the plane?

Comment

Working...
                              X