transformation gizmo problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transformation gizmo problems

i sometimes get problems with the transformation gizmo. especially when i use edit mesh/vertex level on a group and use the local or gimbal coordination system, often nothing happens when i want to move the vertex points with the transf: gizmo arrows, or they move orthogonally, but into the wrong direction.
    the only solution then is to lock the right direction into the axis constrains toolbar and the move the vertex points.
    someone who has the same problem and a decleration for it?
    Last edited by max montana; 15-01-2010, 03:14 AM.

did you tried "selecction lock toogle"? just press the tab bar and it locks in one direction, its a "trick" a friend of mine uses a lot, i just keep with the axis constrain way, works for me

hope this helps you
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Arch Pedro A. Solano
    "Save the irradiance map, save the render"
    Vray 3.10.03|3DMax 2011 x64|Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @3.4GHz|16GB Ram|Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
    Follow us on facebook
    Visit us on PSolano

Comment

thanks for the tip, very useful!

Comment

Transform Gizmo's are inextricably linked to your co-ordinate system. Verts/ faces/poly's will move in a completely different way depending on which system you have it set to[ eg. world, view, local, parent...etc]

I would suggest to read up on this [max help file] to get a better understanding as it suddenly makes everything clear when it comes to using the move/rotate/scale gizmo's.

changed my world once I understood it all

All the best

Comment

Max Monrana,

I have occasionaly the same problem: gizmo locks up and can't be moved. Solution I found is to move it through Move dialog and that unlocks it. After that you can move it easily with mouse.

Hope this helps

Zoran

Comment

Working...
          X