The guy who was making a panelling plugin for max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guy who was making a panelling plugin for max

The one where you could model a high detailed version of one panel, and it deformed it to fit the polys of your mesh so it distorted correctly and made a seamless mesh.
    Does anyone know his name/are you still about? Just wondering on the status of the plugin, I remember seeing some really promising footage a while back.

Got a job coming in next week which it would come in quite useful for...

Dont remember. I remember using it ! but that was quite some time ago.... Ill check on my old drives maybe i have some info somewhere.
    Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Maybe Plastic's...http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...el-system-test
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

i believe that's the one...
        Ruben Gil
        www.spvisionz.com

Comment

Do you have a copy of the plugin?

I'll send him a pm in a bit but I cant find mention of either being put out in any form.

Comment

Me?? No, I just remembered the post and video.
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

hi,
              I did the demo video, but unfortunately I haven't found the time to continue working on it, besides general interest was rather low.
              I definitely plan finishing it, I hope to find some time next month.
              Right now there is nothing useable, just a proof-of-concept. The big work is the interface and initial generation, and this is where I have nothing done yet.
              Marc Lorenz
              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
              www.marclorenz.com
              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

I was VERY interested in it!
                www.peterguthrie.net
                www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

+1 for interested party

Comment

+1 Very Interested! =)
                    Ruben Gil
                    www.spvisionz.com

Comment

This is probably something you could setup relatively "easily" with ZooKeeper. Ensure the polygons are quads and the size of the panel, UV them so you can pull the TopLeft, TopRight, BottomRight, BottomLeft points from them, and use that to feed into an ffd modifier applied to your panel.

Or something..

Comment

plastic_, not to derail, nice site and cool renders.
                        Had visited your script site a while ago but had no clue you were on here. Love a lot of the stuff you got going there in your renders too. Very good stylized aproaches.

Edit: ...and the panel thing, genius.

Comment

Originally posted by plastic_ View Post
                          besides general interest was rather low.

It wasnt posted, but our whole office was talking about it after those videos. I think you underestimate it.
                          Is it pretty much not working and needing a lot of work to set up/what are the chances of me having a go?
                          If i'm doing this by hand I should probably get cracking tonight.

duke2 - could this be done with the demo version of zookeeper? The way I was going to do it was ffd & snapping, but if that can do it automatically then get converted to an edit poly then i'll give it a shot. I'll try and get my boss to go for it but I cant hold out for it.
                          Last edited by Neilg; 18-01-2010, 03:25 AM.

Comment

That thing looks really interesting:

Without plugins/scripts, what about using the Patch deform technique for that kind of work. Probably way less precise, but soooo fast.

Here is the tut. link:

http://designreform.net/2008/05/3ds-...-patch-deform/

As I said, not that precise, but really fast to find out general shapes. I use it when exploring shapes, and the designer / architect / client does not really knows what he wants. Great for curved curtain walls, 3 axis bend wood millwork and so on.
                            Alain Blanchette
                            www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Definitely interested, nearest thing to Generative Components for Max, will be very helpful

laters

spike

Comment

Working...
                              X