Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpnichols
    Originally posted by 3dform

if doesn't run on particles? what else? Is it pure environment?
    What will be the fluid part? An environment effect?

well gas effects and smoke would be very much needed in Particle flow, but maybe it's another ones job...

robert
    It is probably run on Voxels... way mobetter... volumetric rendering.
    Yes, AURA is voxel-based

Originally posted by Da_elf
    do you think AURA can handle doing flames for that? or expolsions like that are totally beyond its capabilities
    Currently the plugin we are working on is designed only for flames & smoke, but not explosions. The math for explosions is quite different though it is still a fluid dynamics model. So if we decide to do explosions we'll have to write a separate plug-in. And most probably it would be based on the same fluid engine (AURA), but would require extra time for R&D.

Comment

not a problem. ill still use AURA for burning debri. its those little things that make things look wrong if they are not included since its a magical explosion i guess i can go with artistic liscence on what the flame/fireball wil look like that will come out of that wall. Your blue plasma ones looked really funky. maybe ill go with blue, purple or green

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Voxel! After years of ignoring everyone seams to use them now.
        I remember when lightwave started to use Voxel, it was extremly impressive but very slow too.
        Even Mayas fluid engine is voxel based. Hope Auro will not be just fire and smoke. Well that's fine but not so often wanted.

Will there be a fluid engine that gives us fluid dynamics like water, ocean etc. ?

Would be extrem cool!

And don't forget the forest voxel!

robert
        I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

How voxel works?
          I remember a pc game, outcast, who was a voxel based game, high level of detail was here, but very aliased...(and novalgic simulations games too)
          Does anyone know a documented site about this subject?
          What are benefits?
          thx 4 reply...

CastorJR

Comment

Basically voxels are samples in the space where each sample has certain volume. When one needs a sample anywhere in the space, they can interpolate the value from the surrounding voxels. It can appear aliased when the interpolation scheme is of low order i.e. linear.
            The advantages of voxels is that they represent a true 3D volume, no faking so everything looks very real. It is also the natural way to go when using fluid dynamics or any other partial diferential equations model.
            As for now we are committed to smoke & fire, but once we finish this, we may try liquids and/or explosions.

Comment

Uhh you said the dreaded words
              Partial differential equations. now i see why there is no really good fire and smoke applications on the market, damm i hate calculus.
              Good luck with them

And a_bouk i remember outcast, and your right there was a large ammount of detail, i think due to it not really using polygons, or something due to the voxels it used.

Voxels are the future of 3d, well thats what i think, or something similar.

Comment

Working...
              X