Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to render

Howdy-

I have a question.... do you have any rules of thumb for when you apply photo-real render techniques to your projects? Most of you get commissioned to do photo-real stuff, but at what point in the project are you seeing this happen? Is most of your work for sales and marketing? Our current workflow doesn't even take color into consideration until design and budget is completed. When is to early to go photo-real?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

nevermind, was just rambling on and somehwere I forget the point I was trying to make
    Last edited by Morne; 21-01-2010, 12:20 PM. Reason: forget what I was trying to say
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

I usually get photoreal when waiting on info.. So they give me stuff.. I build & texture.. and at one point there is some questions, so while waiting for the designers/architects, I spend that time making it photo-real.... So I do not know if it is too soon, I just deal with the time/requests I have.
      Alain Blanchette
      www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Originally posted by thablanch View Post
        I usually get photoreal when waiting on info.. So they give me stuff.. I build & texture.. and at one point there is some questions, so while waiting for the designers/architects, I spend that time making it photo-real.... So I do not know if it is too soon, I just deal with the time/requests I have.

Pretty much same for me...

Comment

Whenever it fits. We'll knock up a block model, send camera angles to a client then pick details we already know to detail and texture up.
          Depends how the job goes though, i've had a job where the information was incredible (near overkill) and the client was going away for the first week so the entire thing was detailed up before the first camera was confirmed.

Comment

Sure, my rule of thumb is to pretty much try to first define what my client means by the term "photo-real".

What I've found is that what most people want when they use that term is not so much a photograph-like image, that is, the type of image you get from using a camera, but what I would call "eye-real" which is the sense of what one sees when looking at a scene in real life. This means creating an image that may not be so much what a camera will produce, but trying to create a balanced image that is closer to what the eye sees in real time wothout producing something that looks unatural.

As the human eye and brain quickly change and compensate for drastic differnces in contrast of light and color, the sense is that everything is pretty much nicely exposed for a balanced image. So your CGI static image can be a balance that captures most important detail with perhaps non-camera style esposures, but still doesn't get to the point of looking visually unreal.

Just my .02$...

-Alan

Comment

Working...
            X