• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipad :: new toy from Apple

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/27/l.../?sort=newest&

I would like to have Backburner Monitor for this baby and iphone

Fernando
    show me the money!!

After the massive hype around this thing most people feel a bit disappointed.
    But it's kind of cheap for the things it does, starting at 499.

I really like to have it but it will take some time until it is available here in germany.

I think it will be useful for sketching ideas onto the screen with (pressure sensitive ?) multi-touch.
    Last edited by tammo; 28-01-2010, 02:36 AM.
    Reflect, repent and reboot.
    Order shall return.

Comment

I rather go with the new OpenPandora. It is cheaper and I can really carry it around. A good try from Apple though, maybe some revisions down the road it will be a must have for me.
      Last edited by Mikokariadis; 27-01-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Wow. OpenPandora is ugly as sin.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Yep, only a mother could love that mug.
          Wanting linux and python on the go kind of excludes beautiful bezel framed gadgets at this point.
          Last edited by Mikokariadis; 29-01-2010, 01:11 AM.

Comment

no iphone os 4 presented...
            Jonas

www.jonas-balzer.de
            www.shack.de

Comment

I was hoping for something more similar to a substitute for a laptop computer running OSX. Having USB ports, multitasking, flash, etc... not a giant iPod Touch. Although I would like to have an e-book, magazine reader.

Comment

Bet it would be great with logmein ignition for remote desktopping to check on renders...
                www.peterguthrie.net
                www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

When I found out I could get VNC on my iPhone and manage the office render farm from a bar stool, it made the cost of the thing totally worth it. Didn't make my wife too happy, but she still likes it better than me being tethered to a laptop and wifi. Anything more than checking the render queue and maybe a frame here and there and I boot up my laptop at home. It's still way easier to operate with a full mouse and keyboard for me.
                  ShaunDon

Comment

isnt the ipad less technology in a larger package? sounds counter productive

---------------------------------------------------
                    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by rmejia View Post
                      I was hoping for something more similar to a substitute for a laptop computer running OSX. Having USB ports, multitasking, flash, etc... not a giant iPod Touch. Although I would like to have an e-book, magazine reader.

As I understand it, this is where these devices are going...

-Alan

Comment

Think they wanted to silence the demand for a net-book, Jobs and Microsoft hate the things cause they are so bottom line for them. Think this is good from factor for some one in the market for a net book who is not much of a computer expert.
                        It does compete more with the Kindle than a net-book, but you also get color, the ability to play music, video and games and surf the web, as long as you don't visit any sites that use Flash video.....and need to multi task.........
                        Two heads are better than one ...
                        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

ive been hearing all about this "no flash video" stuff.... doesnt youtube use flash video?

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I read someone rationalized that to the point that not having flash on it is a gift so that users do not have to put up with agressive flash adds. That is why Apple can laugh it all the way to the bank. A user base like that is priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
                              ive been hearing all about this "no flash video" stuff.... doesnt youtube use flash video?

It started with flash, then moved to MPEG H.264, now it's moving to HTML 5

Comment

Working...
                              X