Getting RGB values from Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting RGB values from Photos

I was wondering if there is any tool to get the "real" RGB values from photos taking in considereation exposure and cameras... I know that it wouldn't be the correct RGB but at least something close to start working on matching it.

how do you deal with matching materials using photos?

Thanks,

Fernando
    show me the money!!

I would think that correcting any white balance issues would be a good start. Nik Software's Color Efex Pro 3.0 has a good tool for this called White Neutraliser.
    Check out my models on 3dOcean

Comment

I agree about starting with white balance corretion. But you are going to need a reference color to start from within the photograph to automate the process. I assume that color would be white for the "White Neutralizer" tool mentioned above.

I usually just do it by eye myself until I feel alright with it, then poll other individuals for a little extra feedback. Working with VRay, you would probably be surprised with how close you can get it due to the experience you already have gained in scene composition.
      Ben Steinert
      pb2ae.com

Comment

Shoot a GretagMacbeth chart in there each time there are light changes (on accounts changes inside or outside the device) and you will be all good after correcting for it. But like stef.thomas and Beestee wrote, eye ball a good white balance and you probably are in the clear.

Comment

with all the metadata available with digital photos, it would be nice to have a some kind of tool that take all the setting in consideration (ISO, Speed, etc) to get RGBs.
          show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
          X