u3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• u3d

Other than a $3000.00 application like Deep Exploration how do you create a u3d file for Acrobat 3D?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Hi Bobby...3dpdf infos are a bit hard to find, and the whole thing is damn buggy despite its potential usefulness...that being said:

You can use the free .rh exporter from DE to get out of max, and adobe toolkit 8 to import the .rh. I'm not certain adobe is supporting .rh in the new version 9 'extended' or not, but in general that version is not as useful imo. I demoed it but don't use it.

There's some info here too:

http://3dpdf.blogspot.com/

The 3dpdf is really in limbo for me, as Adobe apparently licensed the "toolkit" from DE, and then seems to have struck out on their own with the latest version 9, and I find it not nearly as robust~

e.

Comment

Doesnt work in acrobat 9 - you have to use 8, of which theres no demo of so we gave up there.

Comment

I do have DE and that's the way to go in my opinion...it's really easy to make a pdf, even one with 'scene states'...but viewing performance varies a lot from machine to machine, and you still need acrobat of some sort to finish off the visual aspects of the deliverable.

e.

Comment

Working...
        X