Optical flares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optical flares

I often visit www.videocopilot.net as Andrew has some really fantastic tutorials. A new plugin has been released called optical flares and to me looks like it kicks Knolls Light Factory flares square in the goolies ! and for a really good price too.

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/opticalflares/

Will definately be getting this.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

By the way, does anyone know how to export lights and cameras from 3dsmax into aftereffects ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Wow...That looks pretty cool & more than that very good design, detail control & interface.
      I think it is well worth the price too considering how professional the package is.
      It can even work in 32bpc images.

I loved the video tutorial/demo to....one of the best tutorial guys I have ever heard....pleasant & very funny personality..

Thanks for the link Steve!!!

Cheers
      Jamie

Comment

Glad I could help. Yeah, the product itself seems to cover every angle that the user could ever want. Very nicely designed, intuitive and quick results.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Had read about it coming but didn't know it went up already. Looks amazing.

Edit: $139.95 for the bundle...nice!
          Last edited by Mikokariadis; 01-02-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Always found the sapphire plugins very good - the lens flares are really convincing.

http://www.genarts.com/

Then check out the sapphire plugins.

Comment

I was just looking through the tutorials for that plugin yesterday too. Looks very promising. It is supposedly able to track light sources by brightness in floating point images but Andrew barely touched on it, so no idea how well it'll work. Regardless, definitely looks like it's worth the price.

About exporting camera data, there is a couple of plugins that can do that. the commercial MAX2AE, and a freeware script called MaxFX scene. I haven't tried either of them, so I don't know if they support VRay Cameras though. Another option is exporting to RLA and using the camera importing system for that. It's works okay but it's rarely perfect.

Edit: A quick glance through the MaxFX website told me it does support Vray cameras and lights. Still no clue on MAX2AE though
              Last edited by Shimakaze; 03-02-2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Cheers for the links. MaxFX looks pretty cool.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
                X