X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render slaves issue

Hi,

Has anyone ever experienced the folowwing:

- 4 identical render slaves (q6600, 4 Gb ram)
    - 2 years of identical performance
    - the past week: 3 slaves still identical performance, 1 slave performing significantly slower (25 mins normal frame time, 38 mins on the problem system)
    - cpu usage is the same as the others
    - memory usage is the same as the others

I don't understand what is going on here, i rebooted the problem system several times but that didn't do any good

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?
    A full render queu is a thing of beauty !

did you check windows update? ...maybe that node install them automactly or vice versa.....is this node your backburner manager?
    show me the money!!

Comment

Yeah i checked, i installed the latest updates and rebooted with the same results. The backburner manager is on one of the slower machines so that's not it either.

Strange thing is that it just started last week, the machine was always fine. I'm afraid it is some sort of hardware problem. But i guess if the disk is dying the cpu wouldn't be able to give 100 percent performance. Don't have a clue what kind of hardware problem could be causing this.

Comment

Might be good to run a memory check on the machine?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

just last week I had same issue. Don't know why it happened. I ended up formatting and re-installing the problem machine and now its fine again. Weird
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

"just last week I had same issue. Don't know why it happened. I ended up formatting and re-installing the problem machine and now its fine again. Weird"

That is weird indeed, gonna try the memory check first. If that doesn't give me any answers i'm gonna reinstall see if that helps. Good to see it's not just us.

Comment

Is the CPU being cooled properly? All fans running the proper RPMs?

I've seen these fans slow down over time due to dust, crud, etc...

-Alan

Comment

That's a good tip, ill check that out for sure, thx

Comment

Ok, done some test.

Temperature is high (around 80 degress!!!) but....the other slaves have the same temperature, so that is not the fault.
                  Ran the memory test and that comes up with errors, so we are going to replace them see what happens.

Thx for the tips guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X