sign of the times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sign of the times

Our office put an ad for receptionist up on "craigs List" and got 60 applications in the first hour, 200 the next day.
    An Architect friend of mine interviewed for an Arch position in LA, they had over 600 applications for that one spot.
    Things are tough for the unemployed.
    mh

I don't post any ads for employment, but most people find Lunarstudio through the website. On average, I've probably seen 3 resumes a day for the past year with a lull in late November and December. I also get about 4 proposals daily to outsource visualization projects.

The applicants have picked up since. But also, I've had more projects in January than all of last year (granted, they were smaller in scope.) I really think projects are turning around. From the companies I've spoken with, most owners are in a holding pattern and being careful about new hires - but most are confident that things are getting better again.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

a friend of mine's company answered an RFP for a local public 3d work. There were over 50 companies that responded to the RFP. Competition can be stiff.
      mh

Comment

Working...
      X