Filling something with air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling something with air

I was thinking about this one day... I'm still playing around with my inflatable toys, and wanted to make an anim how a such thing "stands up", I mean the process when a such toy is blown up. The standard cloth+space warps (wind etc.) doesn't work 'cos it only gives the "air" a direction, it doesn't have a volume. I think it'd need some fluid dynamics to work well. Does anyone has some experience how to do this?

thnx & ciao
    Balage
    Balage

i have to do a similiar task.

how can i fill a plastic bag with water?

is this possible with realflow and softbodies?

Comment

I am not sure it would look right, but if you make it of some kind of cloth material and use Simcloth to make it fall to the ground, you could reverse this seqvense afterwards...

-Tom

Comment

this is a rather crude attempt but I love to tackle challenges. It uses simcloth 3

http://www.cableone.net/amylenhart/stuff/1.avi

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

winberg: I tried this but it looks wierd in this way, not really realistic. Also it doesn't have a really "filled" look at the end.

percydaman: Nice attempt, how did you do this with simcloth?
          Balage

Comment

it was pretty much what winberg suggested except that i used some planes as deflectors and crushed the bag. then rendered in reverse. If you want the scene, ill post it. Its too bad that particles cant be used in simcloth

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

what codec did u use? i cant view it at all.
              5 years and counting.

Comment

If you can pls send the scene to kbalage@mail.datanet.hu . Thank you in advance. Yea a particle stuff would be very useful. I tried to fake the fluid/air with small spheres, but beyond a certain number it became sooooo slow It's understandable anyway Maybe with realflow or with some similar stuff it can be made...
                Balage

Comment

psy: I used divx 5.05 i think

kbalage: Ill email it later today

Comment

i donĀ“t thinl it will work for what i need it.

but thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X