Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotating particles randomly on one axis (script ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating particles randomly on one axis (script ?)

Hi guys,

I have a bunch of instanced shaped particles heading in one direction but they are all oriented up the same way. I tried this script:

Code:
    on ChannelsUsed pCont do
    (
    pCont.useOrientation = true
    )
    on Init pCont do
    (
    --insert variables here
    )
    on Proceed pCont do
    (
      count = pCont.NumParticles() 

for i in 1 to count do 
      (
        pCont.particleIndex = i 
       pCont.setParticleOrientation i = [90, 90, 37]
      )
    )
    on Release pCont do
    (
    )
    But it did not work...im not a scripter ! So does anyone know where Im going wrong. I jut inserted the 3 figures in the orientation array to see if anything would happen.....
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I'm not sure i understood the question. The script indicates you want them all oriented the same way, right ? Then why not use the standard ops to set a fixed orientation ?

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Apologies...I'll try and explain.
      Say I have a bunch of sharks and they are all heading across the screen with their fins on top. For my animation I require the fins to be rotated randomly around the axis of the direction they are travelling.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

The numbers I put in the script were just numbers to test if the script had any effect on the particles. I would have changed one of them to a randomly generated number..
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Ah, got you. Well in this case you can still use the rotation operator. Set it to speed space, set the original orientation via x/y/z and use divergence to add a random offset. Or do you mean the orientation should "wobbel" while travelling ?

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

No it doesnt need to wobble..just initially be randomly oriented around one axis..

Thanks a lot for the help.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
            X