anonymous e-mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anonymous e-mails

Is there anyway to trace down an anonymous e-mailer? In the last 6 months I have gotten 2 very disturbing e-mails sent to me; one to my church and today to my office. Both e-mails accuse me of some awful crime.

The first one was via a web form and today's was from hotmail. I quickly discounted the one from the web form because they used my middle initial, which was at first alarming because who would know that, but after some investigation I found out that the database that the site is built on uses my middle initial as my alias. I assumed it was just some spammer. Today's e-mail accused me of the same thing. Either I made someone really mad or there is some sick anonymous person who is sending out e-mailes based on e-mail addresses (my e-mail is my name).

Regardless on how these are being sent out I want them stopped before they cause damage. The accusations are completely fabricated and false!

Thanks for any help.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

I simmered down a bit and realized that this is probably a faceless crime. Why would someone send an e-mail to me telling me to watch out for me.

I did find a program that says it can track down almost any e-mail based on its header. The program is basically a trace route. I deleted the original e-mail, out of anger, so if it happens again I'll try it.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

do a view properties on the email then view details > message source
      that should show the server it started from at the least - but you maybe already know that -maybe its some sort of spam which gets you to download something to stop it..

Comment

I found this.

http://news.cnet.com/Create-an-e-ann...3-6022491.html
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Probably a spammer trick trying to bait you into replying so they can tag your email as active... unless you have a split personality problem you're not aware of.

Comment

Working...
          X