What do you do to Get your " Mind off of things"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do to Get your " Mind off of things"

Hello all, Just thought this would be a good idea, considering how intense it has been the last couple of months. Maybe you guys can mention what you do while your working, or when ur not working and how to get your mind off of things. Seems like it doesnt matter what i do, i always seem to be thinking about work, im having a hard time getting away from it. =(
    Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

- Family
    - sports
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

Comment

+1 for sports and family, a good afterwork workout can do wonders
      I also like to watch some tv shows after a long day at work. i dont watch tv, only pay tv from time to time and what i do is to buy a complete season of a show once it was on tv and watch them without commercial breaks and usually 2-4 episodes in a row. Stuff like mash, friends, sopranos, lost or seinfeld are really fun to watch without breaks and it makes my head free for some time.
      www.short-cuts.de

Comment

excessive drinking
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

rum and coke

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

illicit drugs, hookers, extreme sports

all at once.
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
              all at once.

Hmmm. i might give this a shot =P i usually go snowboarding this time of year, but i havnt found the time time to go...

or Maybe i can just do this and stick myself in a box as well lmao.

http://www.maninbox.co.uk/home
              Last edited by pskdude; 23-02-2010, 11:57 AM.
              Ruben Gil
              www.spvisionz.com

Comment

Hang out with my 14 month old daughter; kids really do change your perceptions of the world. Or if you're not at that stage in your life at least enjoy the process, that may lead to kids, frequently.

Before that I used to climb trad, until I did my best job at removing my right foot during a leader fall. After learning morphine doesn't do crap for me, emergency surgery, three pins, getting married in a cast... I still dream of waking up on a big wall.

So.. find something (or someone?) you have a passion for (besides work) and do it.

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post

all at once.
                  sounds like something spider jeruselem would do

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Nordic skiing, surfing lake Michigan (when there's no ice), biking, backpacking, eating and drinking stuff.

Comment

Family off course... gym with Sauna, Steam room, messages, etc
                      short vacations as often as you can and long one once a year...I'm in Peru right now, I've been here for almost 6 weeks, but I'm still working from here...thanks God for internet!! and this year my plan is taking more time for Vacation since my company is where I am!!.

Fernando
                      show me the money!!

Comment

Nordic skiing for me too, although here in Sweden its just called skiing
                        www.peterguthrie.net
                        www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                        www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Outside work - gym, making music.
                          In work - A podcast called 'uhh yeah dude' and smoking.

Works out pretty well overall.
                          A friend of mine swears by poppy tea but I cant get on board with the idea myself.
                          Last edited by Neilg; 24-02-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Whilst working - I "watch" lots of bad movies on a dodgy internet site..I say watch, I just glance every now and again if there's a good part. Sometimes listen to music.
                            When not working - Relax with my family, walks, photography, writing songs, playing with the rabbit and hopefuly this year some kayaking....some English kayaking as oppose to the Nordic Kayaking which I hear isnt quite as exciting
                            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

=) Thanks a lot for the comments, Lots of great ideas here i would also say it helps get the community to know each other on another level as well.

Hmm. and i might give the poppy tea a shot. What have i got to lose...lol
                              Ruben Gil
                              www.spvisionz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X