Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autograss license server and netrendering

hello all

because happy digital has not the best support and I don't want to wait forever for an answer I thought to ask here.

We have bought autograss with 5 rendernode licenses. I have installed everthing and (I think) the license server is running (windows services).
    but when I want to render over BB the rendernode doesn't render the grass!
    I have disabled all firewalls, so there is nothing blocked.

does anybody knows if you can test the license server? (telnet, or something esle)
    has anybody a system that is working with autograss and BB?

thanks in advance.

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

The license server was a separate download, so there are 2 things that need to be installed in the main machine, and then 1 install in the slaves. The 2 items to be installed in the main computer need to be registered separately to get the license from Happy Digital. It is working for me with DR, but have not tried BB.

Comment

really? I will try that!
      maybe I need a bigger monitor to read things more correct.

thanks
      themaxxer
      Pixelschmiede GmbH
      www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

hm, it was something other than the installation.

I load all my plugins from the server with diffrent plugin.ini's. the autograss make a file called "autograss_license_config.txt" this file has to be local on every comuter in "\maxroot\plugins\vrayplugins".

maybe it helps someone else.

best regards
        themaxxer
        Pixelschmiede GmbH
        www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Hmmmm, mine made that file, but still just all black vFB
          Anger tank is getting too full...

Comment

Happy Digital does not make me too happy!!! I receive responses from them after 2 weeks....IF they respond! The plug in has great effects, but for a recent animation I had to take out the autograss completely and go back to vray displacement.......the calculations were WAY TOO LONG. I thought this was the point of the plugin?!?!? Anyone else having success with it? I will try it again in a smaller project......if I can get them to help me move my license from the old computer to the new one........

Comment

i am having the same issues now!!!!

everything was fine untill we changed IP adress.
              i ve changed all the IP settings in the autograss logs respectivelly but the grass just wont render.

ALL ELSE WORKS...BB, vray, bercon maps, BRIX....everything is fine

firewalls are down, all comps see each other, we have automatic DHCP in closed network, so all comps ahve the same sub net masks...

i am in touch with Lynn from Happy Digital but i am also in a very tight deadline so i just thought ill try some luck and ask here ))

Best regards
              Martin
              http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Working...
              X