revit material into max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revit material into max

After importing a revit file via fbx, i'm finding i have a lot of duplicate materials with exactly the same names. they are unique materials, but carry the same name. i'm not even sure how thats even possible! Anyway, does anyone know how to merge duplicate materials? basically making 50 copies of a wall with the material name 'concrete' all be assigned to 1 single material.

thanks!

I export from Revit to Max using dwg and they come in merged. Hopefully for the next Max release there will be FBX improvements. If you use the select all instances of the material, and then assign the material to them, will it merge them as one material?

Comment

Revit works great with FBX..

A lot of transfert issues were fixed with Revit 2010.

Max actually sees Revit (geometry) instances, wich is quite usefull.

For the material, Go on Scriptspot, and look for TrackScripts, there is something in there that will make instance all materials with the same name. ( I'm sure there is a lots of scrpts out there doing similar things)

Revit files are a little heavier, but if they were done ok at first, can save you tons of work.

I would sure go the FBX route, and not the DWG.. at least you keep more info.
      Alain Blanchette
      www.pixistudio.com

Comment

thankyou both for your suggestions. ill check out that trackscripts thing.

cheers!

woohoo its friday

Comment

Working...
        X