Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make such glow effect?

hello all

I saw a lot of renderings with a certain glow effect.
    I have copied an image part out of a great image from candelero.

Click image for larger version

Name:	glow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	869514

how do you talented guys out there make such an effect?
    is it handmade in PS or is it made with AE?

thanks in advance.
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

It looks like an effect called 'light wrap'. You should be able to do it in either photoshop or AE. Here's a tutorial for AE
    http://www.trainingshell.com/view_tutorial.php?id=69
    Dan
    Dan Brew

Comment

I think it just looks like a PS effect, probably achieved to a similar way to the 'Light Wrap' but instead of using background pixels to help the image 'sit back' against the background, you would use a coloured layer on either an Add, Screen, Soft light etc layer. Unfortunately I don't have any time to try and re-create it, let me know how you get on!

Comment

yes i also have wondered how people do this in PS. i am not that great with PS as well. I have looked around for tutorials but people dont say exactly how they create it.
        Ruben Gil
        www.spvisionz.com
        www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

usually i take the image. apply curves to single out the bright area. de-saturate it, add a gausian blur then change the color to tritone, then take all of that and put it ontop of the original shot and use screen

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

You could just do it with a general dodge brush set to low values and soft edges to brighten specific areas. Then go over it on a separate layer with the color of your choice then experiment with the blending modes and opacity levels.
            LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
            HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
            Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee View Post
              You could just do it with a general dodge brush set to low values and soft edges to brighten specific areas. Then go over it on a separate layer with the color of your choice then experiment with the blending modes and opacity levels.

thanks. I thinks this is the best way to do it and to control the effect.

best regards
              themaxxer
              Pixelschmiede GmbH
              www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

I use one of 3 blending modes - soft light, screen or overlay and draw over the top in a coloured brush, lowering the opacity to 10-20% for each layer.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
                  I use one of 3 blending modes - soft light, screen or overlay and draw over the top in a coloured brush, lowering the opacity to 10-20% for each layer.
                  I would add Linear Dodge to that list, and suggest you try lowering the opacity with the layer "fill" value, not "opacity". Not really sure why, but it works much better for this sort of thing (especially with Linear Dodge and Linear Light/Vivid Light layers).

b
                  Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                  e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

hmmm...looks like a KNOLL LIGHT FACTORY applied to a specific layer without other lens effects...just my 2 cents
                    Martin
                    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Working...
                    X