Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tablet laptop advice

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...9-4145567.html

That link is to start you guys off, and why I'm posting today.

I recently was a super nice brother and gave my syster my old laptop. It's stuck on windows XP due to drivers never being updated, but it'll run Maya, so I assume it would run autocad and that's what she needed it for.

I'd like a new laptop, but want something I can sketch with as well. Most likely sketchbook pro, but would be nice if it could handle photoshop, painter, limited max or maya, and rhino.

It doesn't have to be a power house, but I'd like to at least sketch smoothly, and for it to play HD video smoothly (at least at 720).

The big question is, what's the deal with most tablets using Intel integrated graphics cards? I just can't find Anything decent that has somewhat of a good graphics card.
    I feel a good tablet will cost between 1500 and 2000 usd, while something more loaded will be closer to 3k. I don't want to get anything old either.

I put that link because that has a lot of cool features other than the graphics card. Although, the 5400rpm hard drive kind of sucks, I could replace it with SSD if it's a decent speed.

Let me know if you guys suggest looking into something. I'm open to suggestions of where to look. I just thought I'd tap your knowledge a bit as well since some of you may also have been looking at some similar things. (and this is for home, not work, so think of what You would buy too)

I've always wanted a great tablet but these always seem to be geared toward the business user and thus the suckish specs and lame graphics cards.

A friend of mine recently purchased something I'd never even heard of before but I suggest you check it out. It is an Apple Notebook modified with a Wacom screen so that you can get a great portable computer actually built for an artist. I would have gotten this over a regular notebook if I had known these things existed. You can, of course, run Windows and all your favorite apps. I haven't tried it in person but this seems like a viable way to go.

I think there may be more than one company making these but here is a link:

http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=home
    Steve Burke
    www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Working...
    X