RPC or 3D Lab model people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC or 3D Lab model people?

Has anyone used RPC with Vray? Search function is currently down. I've never used them before.

Secondly, if that doesn't work - does anyone know of any animated 3D lab people or animated images of lab workers other than RPC?

Thanks.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Used. Yes. But they're often not worth the hassle.

They're not GI friendly, don't always react well to camera correction, you're stuck with how they were lit when photographed and your best bet is probably to composite them from a scanline render.

The last time I checked Archvision advised against using them through 3rd party renderers; Vray, MR, etc.

Comment

Yeah, you can still use them for some background people (200-220 pixels height). I always alpha-channel them and color-correct to match overall lighting. Too much red/yellow cast. Exclude them from the GI calculations.The other thing is that they haven't updated some of their libraries for more than a decade so it's a kind of historical document what was fashionable 10 years ago

Zoran

Comment

ah...maybe about time RPC goes inlieu with lightstage...

Comment

Well, I was trying to find animated lab people in general - and that was the only thing I came across. Are there other places which are good to look for green screened actors?

I prefer not to use them at all and would advise people against it, but if that's what someone requests - then that is what they request.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X