Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MameGear - The Theory of arcade Chaos - Custom Arcade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MameGear - The Theory of arcade Chaos - Custom Arcade...

Well... I finally did it... I built my M.A.M.E. arcade cabinet. The theme is Splinter Cell and Metal Gear.... Two of my favorite games ever... which are not ARCADE games... but who cares... LOL...

I built the cabinet near the end of last summer and then it took me the rest of the time to save the money and configure the software... The cabinet emulates the following systems with ALL of the games for each...

Mame
    Nintendo
    Super Nintendo
    Sega Dreamcast... this one is sketchy and some of the games dont work
    Future Pinball
    Atari 2600
    Colecovision
    PC Games

I installed a Vizio 26" LCD for the screen
    the Pc Specs are
    AMD Athlon™ II 630 quad-core processor
    6GB DDR3 SDRAM
    2 - 1TB hard drives
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Nvidia GTS 250

The lightguns are the old PS2 Guncon 2's modded with Ultimarcs Aimtrak IR camera which basically emulates a mouse...

The control panel has 4 players with GPWiz keyboard controllers, ICE LED trackball and LED buttons all around...
    I added a 4 player coin door, fully operational, but I dont have the pics of that one...

Did all the grafx myself... Sides, Control panel, Marquee, and Bezel and mounted them on gator board...worked really well.. Enjoy the pics and if you havent gotten into this hobby... DONT... LOL just kidding... my kids love it...

Comments welcome

Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

holy crap thats full of win.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

hehe... Is that good?

I have some vids too of the thing in action.. I am using Hyperspin for the Front End which runs the cabinet...
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

This is funny as hell i would have never thought this was a hobby...nice job on it, looks GREAT! Prob better than the ones i see at the arcade...lol
        Ruben Gil
        www.spvisionz.com
        www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

A W E S O M E ! Love it. If i would have the space i would love to build myself something similar.
          www.short-cuts.de

Comment

Great job! Except I'd need a stool to play it, I hate standing up for long periods

Comment

LMAO !!! Great idea maybe you can Build a matching BENCH TO GO ALONG WITH IT ! with some Beer Holders and backs, something like built in lazyboys =P

Originally posted by judderman View Post
              Great job! Except I'd need a stool to play it, I hate standing up for long periods
              Ruben Gil
              www.spvisionz.com
              www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

Yup... I have the stools AND the bar will be built this summer...
                Eric Camper
                Studio 3D
                www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

a little update... added the coin door a while ago...

and the drawer KNOB...

Eric Camper
                  Studio 3D
                  www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Working...
                  X