modeling a brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modeling a brush

I need to model a brush with lots of bristols... brissels... something like that.. After I figure out how to model it, I then need to put them in a little pattern and then shave them from 12mm to 17mm looking at it from the front...

Any tips are appreciated.

thanx

Camper
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

I believe they are "bristles". Instead of brute force modeling, have you considered using Hair Fur modifier or Vray Fur ? Vray Fur has a styling tool. I haven't ever tried it but it might be useful.

Comment

Never used those before...seen, but never used... Can I do that inside a polygon perimeter and then change to left view and Boolean out the angle i need?
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

There is a length map option within the VRayFur object, a simple gradient map could give you an angled brush.
        Ben Steinert
        pb2ae.com

Comment

no real happy with the vray fur outcome, most likely on my part.

Here is the brush schematics. Any other options... ?
          Attached Files
          Eric Camper
          Studio 3D
          www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

You can shape the profile of the brush using a gradient map and changing the ramp in the color map of the output.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Brush Persp..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	842915Click image for larger version

Name:	Brush Side..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	842916

Here's the scene...

brush..zip
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

WOWOWOWOWOW... Ok... that looks good. Man, I hate to even ask, since you did a great job, but how hard would it be to ramp the brush from 12mm to 17mm the whole way up.... THEN add the little ROUND brush part in the middle at 25mm tall. Can that be done with two maps...

EDIT... OK... I think I got it... that color ramp thing is awesome... Never messed with that before...
              Last edited by EricCamper; 06-04-2010, 11:24 AM.
              Eric Camper
              Studio 3D
              www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

the gradient ramp should do that easily

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Glad to help.
                  www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
                  X