Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayMtl Plus

Hey guys,
    I'm working on a new plugin I'm going to call VRayMtlPlus (or something) and I wanted everyone to be involved in the creation process.

It will provide us VRay artists with the tools to create better looking materials faster.

With that said, I've been looking around the web to see what's been done and have come across some really great scripts that people have done that sort of accomplishes this, TeaCup does a great job of saving materials etc.

I'd like to ask if the interest is there for me to develop it. It would be free (or really close to it), it would not require other users to have the plugin installed, but it would bridge the gap between the nice MR Pro Materials and VRay.

Any ideas/Suggestions? Has it already been done?

-Colin
    Colin Senner

what do you mean by "to create better looking materials faster." ? and how would you implement such a thing ?

WALEE / www.walee.com

Comment

It would basically do what Pro Materials already does, you would select "VRayMtlPlus:: Ceramic" and it would have a reduced set of properties to key in and presets like "High Gloss", "Medium Gloss", etc. easily change them.

Most of us to create a ceramic material would do something like

Diffuse: Whiteish
      Reflect: almost white
      ReflectGloss: .97
      Fresnel: checked
      IOR: 2.0ish

instead, you pick "VRayMtlPlus:: Ceramic" and it dials those in and gives you a reduced interface to deal with when making a ceramic material. It would obviously let you put in other colors for the diffuse etc, but would simplify it.
      Colin Senner

Comment

GO!GO!GO!

because I'm waiting for a feature like that for a long time; just double check if chaos didn't already add it to VR 2.0

my 2 cents: please add an option to "bake" the settings directly to a standard vr mats
        Alessandro

Comment

Yes please! I've always wanted something like that.
          Paul

Comment

That would be awesome

Maybe VRayArchMtl
            Last edited by rmejia; 19-04-2010, 10:48 AM.

Comment

sounds cool. I would rather have someone put the time into the Vray color Correction, Lmao but thats my 2 cents! hell throw that in with the vray mat !!! =P
              Ruben Gil
              www.spvisionz.com
              www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

will it be something like Vismaster Architectural Materials?
                I have both collections and I really like the idea but they didn't update them with the latest Vray version on top of gamma controls...I sent several emails to them, i got some support but it wasn't enought for that reason I un-installed several months ago
                I hope what you want to do would have better approach and of course I would pay if the support is there!!

http://commerce.vismasters.com/catal...ol-1_3675.aspx
                http://commerce.vismasters.com/catal...ol-2_4466.aspx

Thanks,

Fernando
                show me the money!!

Comment

Hi Colin,

There is one problem with scripted materials. They don't work in a Vray Blend Material.
                  That's what stopped me to work on some scripted vray materials, like dispersion.
                  Marc Lorenz
                  ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                  www.marclorenz.com
                  www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Originally posted by plastic_ View Post
                    Hi Colin,

There is one problem with scripted materials. They don't work in a Vray Blend Material.
                    That's what stopped me to work on some scripted vray materials, like dispersion.
                    Ah, well this can be made to work - didn't know it was an issue.

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Ah, well this can be made to work - didn't know it was an issue.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      If yours are different from these www.siger.lt (SigerShaders plugins) they surely are welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm swamped with scripts right now, but I will definitely get around to it sometime soon, and get feedback via this thread as I work.

The VRayMtl Presets on Sigir website was 100EU...that is just too much. I'll do it better. Now it's time for bed.

-Colin
                        Colin Senner

Comment

What ever happened to this?
                          Originally posted by MoonDoggie View Post
                          Thanks for the replies guys. I'm swamped with scripts right now, but I will definitely get around to it sometime soon, and get feedback via this thread as I work.

The VRayMtl Presets on Sigir website was 100EU...that is just too much. I'll do it better. Now it's time for bed.

-Colin
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com
                          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Bobby,
                            I did some tests with a level 3 scripted material with Max. I ran into an issue with even being able to remove these at all. Max handles this strangely. This is still on my mind though, we need it for the office. I have a need for a simpler version of RPManager currently. Grant has done wonderful work, and I have always highly suggested RPManager to everyone, but it's too bloated currently, so I'm looking for an alternative, or to create a new alternative.

After this, I'll check again, this is pretty easy to do I think, but I'll need to test more.
                            Colin Senner

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the followup.
                              Bobby Parker
                              www.bobby-parker.com
                              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                              • ​Windows 11 Pro