BB no plugin to handle job 32 vs 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB no plugin to handle job 32 vs 64

Ok this is an unexpected problem. I set up a new 64bit (win7, max2009) render node and try to submit jobs from my 32 bit workstation. And get a "no plugin to handle job 3dsmax2009 [32bit]" error. I can see why it's happening but is there a way to cope? Surely people are mixing 32 and 64 with BB...?

Thanks

Ok after searching I see there's an option in the advanced settings in net render submit to specify 32 or 64. My old render node is 32 and new render node id 64 so I have a mix. Do I have a prayer of sending jobs to both nodes in one submit? ie. an animation?
    Last edited by powerandrubber; 24-04-2010, 07:11 PM.
    "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    -Mitch Hedberg

I've never tried it myself but can you install the 32bit version along side the 64bit one and have BB use that for it's jobs? You still use the 64bit one for your main work though.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

You can have 32bit installed next to 64bit, but when a job is submitted it's either 32 or 64bit, so if you want a job to render on both of your machines, you would have to submit it as a 32bit job. For anything that fits in 32bit memory you'll be okay, but obviously it would perform better on the other machine if you can render with 64bit Max. If the renders start crashing on 32bit you'll have to resubmit as 64bit and only that machine will render it.
      | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Ok thanks very much. I have 32 and 64 both installed and working with no problems. Would be better to just upgrade the 32 to 64 but I'll do some testing and see if the performance gains are worth it.
        "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
        -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
        X