Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation costs

Hi everyone
    I need some help, I have to organise just short of 5 mins of finished animation to be done in a week, a fully textured model and landscape will be available if it goes ahead.
    What I need to know is how much this should cost (I am getting some vastly different prices) as I will need to report back to the client with a price and being like most clients doesn't want to pay much but doesn't have a clue what it will cost or involves.
    What is needed is the obligatory aerial flyround and 4 'journeys' going through the building.

laters

spike
    Last edited by Spikeadeliv; 25-04-2010, 09:03 AM.

$1,000.00 per minute - just a guess.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

that's on the low side. super cheap out of china render places are charging 50 usd per second.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
        that's on the low side. super cheap out of china render places are charging 50 usd per second.
        I have only asked for quotes in the UK (where I am based) and they range from £2-3000 per minute up to £10k per minute, these prices include all the post production and music soundtrack.

laters

spike

Comment

For just 3d $100 per second is typical with Post, Editing and music being on top of that.
          Two heads are better than one ...
          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Hi end out of China goes for $19-$20,000/minute at 1080p.

Comment

What is the project? Are you getting the models and textures?
              I find interiors are generally a lot more work (and take a lot longer to render) than exterior animations.

Comment

I would say $12,000 a minute if you have animated objects (car, people, doors, Lights, etc) and around $6,000 per minute if your camera is the only thing that is moving there.....this is with an acceptable time frame, with only a week it should be a lot more because you would have to use a render farm services toi meet the deadline
                good luck, you will have a very stressful week.

Fernando
                show me the money!!

Comment

I'd be very interested to know what the outcome cost was...I am very surprised these types of costs are what people charge...are these company costs or freelance costs ? I may need to revise my costs if this is freelance....I would charge well under any of those costs...
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

This would be for a studio or freelancer that had to do a lot of rendering and need a staff of 5-10 and a render farm.
                    Two heads are better than one ...
                    ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
                    X