smoothing topo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoothing topo

I'm having a problem with "waves" in my terrain model created by a displacement map on a dense plane. Possibly caused by a limit in color depth of the displacement map. Anyway I'm looking for a method of smoothing it out without adjusting a thousand vertices. The terrain is not a uniform slope so I can't soft select an area and squash it by scaling down the z direction like I would do to create a flat area. Any ideas? Many thanks

"A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    -Mitch Hedberg

Do you want it flat? You can convert it to a poly and make it planar
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Nope not flat because it's gentle hilly terrain, just smoother. Believe me I wish it was flat
      "A severed foot would make the ultimate stocking stuffer"
      -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Relax Modifier
        Two heads are better than one ...
        ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

This might help smooth things out.

Create a plane above your current site, that fits within its boundaries, in the top viewport (before removing roads/paths/etc), then conform (Compound Objects/Conform) it to the site below. Make sure to select Hide Wrap-To Object. If you're happy with the results, add an edit mesh modifier and then collapse; no need to keep track of both ojects.

The length and width segments of the plane will decide how accurate/smooth the plane will conform to your existing site.

Comment

Working...
          X