Land Survey Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Survey Suggestions

Hello Guys, Just a thought maybe some of you have some experience in this field.

I'm looking for a surveyor in my area, and I want to make sure I use the correct terminology. In the past i have received drawings from different surveyors and some of them are 2d surveys and some of them are 3dimensional. Is there a specific software term that I can use to make sure the information is given to me in that same format so that I don't have to Model the topology and I can just import the survey and use the Terrain Modifier.
    Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

i just usually have to beat up the surveyors here even though i know i'm not going to get a proper site plan

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Lol. So maybe im heading in the wrong direction. Does anyone know of any muscle for hire ? =P
      Ruben Gil
      www.spvisionz.com

Comment

I would ask the surveyors what software they use (autocad, autocad civil 3d) and just tell them you need the coordinates to have actual elevations (z). The survey instruments give out the x,y & z so that information should be passed to autocad. The contour lines should be in the actual elevation elevations too.

Comment

if you get the autoCAD file, turn on the layers and you will find a mesh as well, it's a trianguled one taking all the reference points to build the countour lines....i use Rhino for some modellinig, especially for terrains i got a plugin that make pretty good job
          http://www.rhinoterrain.com/

you could have a very accurate terrain from Revit as well.

Fernando

show me the money!!

Comment

Try asking for a LandXML surface. These import into MAX, and export from Civil3D/LDD. Not all surveyors are using Civil3D to it's potential, but if they've got a surface built in it, they can export it. It beats getting interpolated contours as terrain inputs.

Comment

Sweet Guys thanks so much for this Input this will definitely help! Will def look at plugins and Revit as well never played with the tool either...
              Ruben Gil
              www.spvisionz.com

Comment

Working...
              X