lynda.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynda.com?

anyone ever use this websites (Lynda.com) training videos?
    mh

yup...i tried it a while back when a friend lent me his password. Great stuff on there, espcially if you dont use something like aftereffects too much in production and need to find out a technique quickly. I believe you can make a log in and try out some basic tutorials to see if you like it. If i remember correctly the videos can be watched at faster seed so you don't have to drag through along slow tutorial. i thought that was a nice touch.
    Sean MacNintch

Comment

I love Lynda.com... I have had my account for about a year and I have watched hundreds of videos. All the videos are really well done and they train on all the current releases. I just finished the What's new in MAX 2011.... Five Stars!
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Tried it out a for couple of complimentary months from purchasing Adobe collections. lynda.com is awesome!

Comment

$25.00 a month.... can't beat it!
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Another vote for Lynda.com Ive been using them for a couple years and love the videos...
            Cheers,
            -dave
            ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

I just tried it out myself. Wanted to learn Premiere. Ha, turns out it's just as basic as it seemed, but it gave me a good understanding of it's workflow.

Speaking of workflow...does anyone know a good resource on learning good multi-user workflow? I really want to learn how other people are using their software packages, what kind of hardware they are using, how shared drives are utilized, renderfarms, etc.
              I think that is really where we are going to save time. I can't always train our guys here to do things the most efficient way, but I might be able to set up our workflow to speed everyone up.

Anyone know of good resources for that? Even consultants? I'm open for suggestion.

Comment

[hijack]
                I too would be interested in the same things! Working for a smaller company where most of the time it's a single person per job, we struggle when more than one person needs to work on the same job. XRefs and things like that help, but is there more efficient ways to have 5+ people working on the same job efficiently?
                [/hijack]

On topic, I have just started looking at Lynda.com and it looks like I need to seriously look into it a little bit more in-depth!

What about any really good Nuke Tutorials/workflows other than those offered by Gnomon(already own those)?
                Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
                Midwest Studios

Comment

Sorry about the off topic.

I agree that lynda.com is good, but only a good starting point. It's good for refreshers when new stuff comes out, good for things you've never seen before, but that's about it. If you already know something well and need to learn new techniques where do you go?

Digital tutors seems ok, but it's kind of expensive for not having much more than lynda. Lynda does have a bit more than needed though. i mean, training on itunes, ipod, and even twitter? it just seems like they are trying to stack their numbers in saying they have more training.
                  On the other hand they Do have at least Rhino, where digital tutors doesn't seem to have much for software designers use like Rhino, ProE, Catia, Solid Works, or Studio Tools. Those are all softwares we might need to run into when working with designers (if we aren't actually product designers ourselves already).

I definitely am interested in finding things like lynda that have more in-depth lessons. I have a very hard time doing custom built classes also. The guys usually aren't very good. I think for most of us, we expect them to be much better than we are, which is reasonable I think. I almost want the actual software engineers to teach me the tips, tricks, and workflows they had in mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X