Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pc with Phenom II 1090T.

Hello all,
    I want to buy a new PC based on a PHENOM II 1090T PROCESSOR and I want your opinion for the rest of the components.

For the Graphic card I will probably take an HD 5870 Vapor-X with 1Go or 2Go (I don't know if 2Go is realy usefull)

What Motherboard do you recommend?
    How many memory 8 or 12...

Thank you for your help.
    Zahir3d
    PIXARCHI.COM

If you can afford 12gb then do that certainly. If the price is substantially higher then 8gb would be just fine. I use Intel chips now days and nvidia cards so I can't advise on a motherboard and video card.
    Colin Senner

Comment

I would definetely get a NVIDIA graphics card instead of ATI.
      NVIDIA 3D-Vision is incredible cool, it works with a realtime 3D-preview with a free Plugin in Max and you won,t be able to use CUDA on ATI Cards.
      Reflect, repent and reboot.
      Order shall return.

Comment

Thank you for your replys.
        What is exactly CUDA? with it Graphic card can do render calculation? is it work with VRAY?
        Thank you!
        Zahir3d
        PIXARCHI.COM

Comment

CUDA is an open-source project much like Directx and openGL that next-gen graphics cards will be able to use that is community driven and supported. Think Linux for 3d drivers/engine.
          Colin Senner

Comment

For using 3d-vision in Max viewport is it necessary to have 2 lcd screen with 120 mhz, or it's work with juste one screen?
            What about dizziness caused by the use of this system?
            Zahir3d
            PIXARCHI.COM

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong, but I've only seen Phenom II 1090T motherboards with 4 slots for memory, so spec'ing more than 8gb ram would seem to be prohibitively expensive as you would need 4gb sticks. Is this the case?

I'm looking to add a new workstation to my lineup but want it to be at least 12gb, tempted by the new amd chips but having to buy 4gb sticks (x4) would make then more expensive than going for another i7 system.
              www.peterguthrie.net
              www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
              www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
                correct me if i'm wrong, but I've only seen Phenom II 1090T motherboards with 4 slots for memory, so spec'ing more than 8gb ram would seem to be prohibitively expensive as you would need 4gb sticks. Is this the case?
                you're right! the motherboard I want to buy (ASUS-M4A89GTD-PRO-USB3) have only 4 slots for memory, and of course the 4gb sticks is realy expensive...
                I hope that the 8 gigabytes will be enough.
                Zahir3d
                PIXARCHI.COM

Comment

Working...
                X