Most popular stereoscopic format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most popular stereoscopic format

I am doing a bit of research into the most popular form of stereoscopy that people are using.
    I wanted to get a bit of a poll going so get your vote in for your favourite format-

1- red/cyan
    2- green/magenta
    3- other
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Red/Cyan is the most common over here...and quite painful for the eyes after a while (10 min)
    My Youtube VFX Channel - http://www.youtube.com/panthon
    Sonata in motion - My first VFX short film made with VRAY. http://vimeo.com/1645673
    Sunset Day - My upcoming VFX short: http://www.vimeo.com/2578420

Comment

There are some 3d monitors/projectors starting to emerge; but for these, there is no specific "format" - the application displaying the image must take care of controlling the hardware in such a way as to produce the effect (e.g. interlace the two images, or blend them in a checker pattern, or flip fast between the two images etc). These usually produce much better results than anaglyph images.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ive researched a bit and found that the polorised lens glasses 3d has become so close in technology for the cost vs quality that it should be the way to go as long as the glasses are on this concept....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDzkRmOmwfA

real D are the best

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I prefer polarized, then active, then anaglyph.

Comment

There are two kinds of polarization: circular polarization (like RealD) is better than horizontal/vertical polarization (like IMAX), because there is full separation of the left and right image (i.e. no ghosting). I also don't like the shutter (active) glasses too much, as the flickering is sometimes very noticeable and can cause headaches.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Sorry about invading this thread with a stupid question about Vray2.0 and creating a format viewable for circular polarization.

Vray will output a side by side frame, correct? That's what I need to output a polarized version.

Once I have those frames is there a standard app that can take those frames and compile a movie? Like AfterEffects?

Thanks,
              Andrius
              Last edited by andrius; 21-09-2011, 10:25 AM.
              www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

andrius. ive been searching for info on that but still havent found anything

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

Da_elf,

Thanks for the reply. What part aren't you sure about? If Vray can output for polarized 3d or the application that can take the frames and output a movie?

Andrius
                  www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

once ive got a left and right image.... what then? with red and cyan its easy.. just mix them. but with polorised.. what do you do

Comment

I think this program will allow you to take the sidebyside frames and create a polarized movie from it. Click the features tab and scroll all the way to the bottom:

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...2035419#output

I'm not on Vray2.0 yet but that will spit out sidebyside, right?
                      www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

that doesnt say anything about polorised. just looks like red+cyan

Comment

Right, I spoke with them and they said they can do polarized as well. I mentioned to them that it needs to be viewed with circular glasses and not linear. They said they were not sure and will bet back to me. I'm not sure myself. Does it matter how it's rendered and compiled or is it just different on the glasses side???
                          www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

from what i gathered from the youtube video i posted thats on the glasses side. polorised movies can be viewed on both glasses however circular glasses are the higher quality one since it allows for tilt of head where as linear messes up when tilting your head

Comment

Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. I just want to hear it from them before I buy their program.
                              www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

Working...
                              X