Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I use instead of the useless ProBoolean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I use instead of the useless ProBoolean?

Hi all

as the title says. I have a series of squares next to each other making one mesh. I'm trying to cut out a curved section on top. AutoCAD does this in 2 seconds. I don't have that luxury now. Stuck with stupid proboolean. Curve object disappears and nothing gets cut off. Any thoughts?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

oddly enough...try the regular (old) boolean. I have not had the patience to read the directions but I have found more often than not that the old version worked better.
    Sean MacNintch

Comment

@DVP3

Have you tried with ShapeMerge?
      Preisler

www.3dpixel.dk
      www.linkedin.com/in/3dpixel

Comment

nope not yet, but will give it a try
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

I also try the regular old bolean when this happens. it tends to work fine.
          Ruben Gil
          www.spvisionz.com
          www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Comment

I've heard that you can often make it work better if you increase the size of your object.
            - Geoff

Comment

I know this doesn't help, but I'm constantly amazed at how solid Pro Boolean is. If you're having issues make sure you've reset the xform on the operands, that they are 'watertight' & that your normals are all facing the right way. If you're still having problems post the file up & I can take a look at what the problem might be.
              MDI Digital
              moonjam

Comment

it was a closed extruded spline. I ended up redoing it with less segments in the spline and that worked like a dream. Ended up I don't get that close so could afford to have less segments
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

Working...
                X