Rendering over a network with autodesk composite/toxik

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering over a network with autodesk composite/toxik

I dont understand it. I dont get python, I dont understand how to script something like this.

I've been trying to figure it out for hours and it makes no sense - I dont know which bits are handled automatically, which bits are left out and which part is stopping it from working.
    I've been writing notes from the help and getting it all down so I can see how it goes together, but after 10 attempts of writing scripts and it going 'failed to send' i'm getting a bit annoyed.

Can somebody help me please?

We're using backburner. Sending from workstations, to a designated manager machine which will then go to all workstations and the farm.
    I must be missing something really stupid, because there is no way this should be as difficult as this.
    Last edited by Neilg; 28-07-2010, 03:18 AM.

after all that hassle wouldnt it be faster just to render it on one machine??!!
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

It's not for a live job - i'm just trying to figure it out.

There will be times when we need to use the farm though - theres no way we're going to start using it without knowing how to render over the network.
      This is my job, and then i'll copy the script for everyone else. I'm doing incredibly badly, as you can see

edit: that was a bit of a hostile first post, sorry. I'm pretty annoyed that you cant just click a button to do this. I dont feel it's something you should have to figure out.
      Last edited by Neilg; 28-07-2010, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X