Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so... who going to spill the siggraph beans??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so... who going to spill the siggraph beans??????

come now.. spill the beans already.......!!

i want all the gory details including the upgrade price and especiallly the vray rt gpu stuff..
    (since i was recently robbed of $62.50 with my eyes wide open) LOL....

Claude.
    Originally posted by 3DMK
    do I want to be a rich business man or a poor artist?

caddworkx

here is some info can it be true ???

You can't see it in the scaled-down screenshot above, but the elapsed render time running on three GTX 480s was 0.9s—even with the existing noise, that's very impressive. V-RayRT will be out in fall and available as a free addition to V-Ray in a service pack for both Maya (on all platforms) and Max for Windows. It's based on OpenCL.

i read this over at arstechnia.com

seems some one spilled the beans.... and did my eye deceive me with the free ???

claude

caddworkx

Comment

There was no talk about pricing. So I don't know who said anything was going to be free. I did ask several people from Chaos Group about pricing and they said that information will be publicly available in the coming weeks. So I would stay tuned and I am sure once they get back to home base that they will have more information to share with us.
      Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
      Midwest Studios

Comment

If it is indeed "free", I imagine it would be as a part of the VRay 2.0, and thus you'd still be up for the upgrade cost from 1.5->2.0, which is totally awesome and brings it in line with Modo, Final Render, etc. in the way they bundle their offline and realtime renderers together.

Comment

wait, does this mean that VRay RT will be a part of Vray? So one license for both instead of paying to also get Vray RT?
          /Bard
          www.hellobard.com
          Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

There was definitely no talk of combining the RT with normal VRay. Unless I missed something.
            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
            Midwest Studios

Comment

There will be more info on what goes where and for what price very soon; we are just figuring out the final details now.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

thanks...

davis

caddworkx

Comment

Working...
                X