Virtual reality software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual reality software

I'm looking for Virtual Reality software, to be able to somewhat easily convert 3dsmax scenes (vray) to VR. I've looked at EON software, but their prices are waaaay out of my league.

Anyone suggestions, or experience with porting a scene to a game-engine like CryEngine for example?

Greetz, Ruud
    3DV - Ruud van Reenen
    www.3dv.nl

VRML is free and Max already has tools for export built in. You can download the Cortona viewer to view things in your browser.

I'm not sure what capabilities you want. VRML isn't as capable as a game engine for special effect type stuff and doesn't have physics, and Max's export toolset can't take advantage of a lot of the things the latest VRML can do if you know how to program it. But if you just want to walk around an environment or view an object it works great.
    - Geoff

Comment

I've got some experience with cryengine. It's awkward, and a lot more time consuming that you think. Does produce some incredible results though.

You'll need an unwrapper plugin like unwrella - i'm assuming you've not done much unwrapping, most poeple outside of games havent. Optimising geometry is something you might need to look into - if it's an internal, you could end up remodeling some furniture and having to bake normals maps from the high poly.

Comment

Someone mentioned this company to me today - no idea if it's any good but perhaps it's worth some research...

http://www.simmersionholdings.com/

Best,

-Alan

Comment

There are some better low cost alternatives out there but most have a bit of a learning curve. Unity is nice and has a free version and a nice web player.
          Two heads are better than one ...
          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
          X