Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clients wants my model... no problem... but how...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clients wants my model... no problem... but how...

the title says it all... I have no problem giving him the model, but what will he use to view it. Modeled in Arch CAD and now in Max... He wants the materials on it and everything... DO I export to SU and tell him thats all I have... Option... I need Options.. Thanx all..

Free Viewer
    Easy to use
    etc...

Thanx
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Hrmm.. was this part of the original fee?

I'd suggest a release form to begin with, figure out what's available to them, and then explain the work required to convert to another format.

I'm guessing that you've used VRay materials? How large is the model?

Comment

Nah... Great client.... pays ahead of time... no problem there... just need a couple of options for him so I can quote a fee... any good software out there that u recommend... Yup... Vray mats.... 1505885 vertices
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

sketchup would be a good option....how about the materials, are you using commercial textures?....I would check first, what is "everything" for him
        show me the money!!

Comment

... not exactly a small model, and none of the free open-source viewers I know of will handle that.

Export it to SU and go from there? Materials will need to be converted to Standard ones and any conversion glitches will have to be resolved.

Comment

yeah... the siding and tiny little details are all modeled... tried to export to SU from MAX and it crashes... but from CAD it is fine, just need to redo mats.... but he wants the vray look... Hmmmm....
            Eric Camper
            Studio 3D
            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Originally posted by EricCamper View Post
              yeah... the siding and tiny little details are all modeled... tried to export to SU from MAX and it crashes... but from CAD it is fine, just need to redo mats.... but he wants the vray look... Hmmmm....
              TBH, I think your client wants the impossible.
              "Just say NO!" (like Zamo from Grange Hill!)
              Kind Regards,
              Richard Birket
              ----------------------------------->
              http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Yeah. Not going to happen.

Unless they'd like the model to be converted for use in a realtime engine or purchase Vray for SU and be trained to use it; it'll be too expensive either way.

Comment

Forget it..

Free Viewer
                  Easy to use
                  etc...
                  No way

There are some people who seem to be able to use the unreal engine or quest 3d etc, to create [simple] architectual VR scenes...
                  I'm not, and I'm not totally clueless with 3d software
                  It's probably about 10x the work and costs to create such a thing than it took you to render it.
                  Marc Lorenz
                  ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                  www.marclorenz.com
                  www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

My 2 cents, convert the textures to standard and just send the .max file + maps if any and let him decide what to do with it

I suppose you could look into Deep Exploration for conversions, haven't used it since version 3 but it did do a good job at the time, looks a little more robust now along with some crazy pricing schemes, entertainment bundle look like the best deal.

http://www.righthemisphere.com/produ...andard-edition
                    particle makes perfect

Comment

I would be more curious about what its going to be used for....because if its just for viewing you could go the quicktime/pano route or something similar.
                      -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

Comment

that what i used to use, but I thought vray cameras could not be used or something like that...
                        Eric Camper
                        Studio 3D
                        www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Try an FBX file, and you can tell them to try Unity. You will have to get rid of the modeled details for sure, look into normal maps to get a similar look. Unity has a free version and a free web player....
                          Unity takes FBX files nicely.
                          Two heads are better than one ...
                          ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

What about a DWF file? It won't look like vray but you can keep the material and bitmaps in it. On his end it's a free download of the design review software.
                            val valgardson
                            http://www.photorealistic-rendering.com/

Comment

Unity = Normal maps, lightmaps, multiple UVW map channels, texture and model optimization and it'll look somewhat like the renders; with a lot of time invested/wasted.

I think you may need to discuss what he wants vs what he really needs?

Comment

Working...
                              X