Photoshop thumbnails on W7 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop thumbnails on W7 64 bit

I've done a bit of web searching and it seems PSD thumbnails just don't appear in folder views in W7 64 bit
    I've been ignoring it for months but I really needed to see some today - using CS2

I can see there's a paid for plug in - is there anything free?

Somebody must have found a solution surely ?
    (or does this get filed under the Adobe lack of support list)

Have you tried using Adobe Bridge?

Comment

I thought this was a bug in windows for some reason... I have never had thumbnails for psd files... I like bridge, but just another program to get in my way... lol
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

I now read that MSoft dropped support for PSD thumbs but how that makes sense I don't know
        (and Adobe blame MS)
        last time I tried Bridge it didn't seem so useful for me
        I'd like thumbnails in a normal Windows folder view !

Comment

There are some old threads in the Adobe forums about this. Adobe seemed to be stuck with this issue, and other 3rd party people came in to provide a paid solution.

I see you are using CS2, Bridge might not work so well with that version. With CS3 it was barely usable for me, it was painfully slow. I'm using CS4 and there were many speed improvements done to bridge where it can actually be used now!

Comment

nearly two years later I have the solution:

http://code.google.com/p/sagethumbs/

adds thumbs in Windows Explorer views for lots of formats - e.g. all my old targas
            and if you d/l ghostscript, as mentioned on the sagethumbs project page, you get PSD thumbs.. in Windows 7 64 bit !!
            yay !!

Comment

Sweet. I've been looking around for something like this lately. I ran across this the other day. Similar to Sagethumbs but not free. http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/

Comment

Thanks, I will give this a try!

I have user fastpicture codec before and while it did seem to work well I also started having a lot of crashes with it installed, and when I removed it things stabilized. That was on a windows 7 laptop, and might have been unique to me, but there you have it.

Support was pretty good and they gave me my money back on it, so can't complain about their service.

/b
                Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
                e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

thank you so much! it works! finally psd thumbs in windows explorer!!!
                  paolo vaja
                  www.3d-arch.it

Comment

Cant go passed mysticthumbs!
                    http://mysticcoder.net/mysticthumbs.html
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                    X