Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colour by material ID ?

Hey all -
    Anyone know of a map/texture etc that would allow me to change an objects colour by material id? I want to have 4-8 different colours for objects, but want the material to be otherwise identical. It would be most efficient if I could just map a VrayColor to the diffuse, and then have that change to other specific colours by material id on the object.

Is there a map out there somewhere that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance
    b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

MultiIDMap2
    http://rpmanager.com/otherGear.htm

this should do it for you

Comment

Great - thanks!

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Bercon gradient set to random for diffuse? Can give you precise colours of your choice for the gradient if you set it to solid interpolation i think.
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

unfortunately Grant's plug in is not 2011 compatible - won't run for me.

Trixian: I can't use random distribution, I need to be able to specify by material id for particular objects. Guess I'll have to just make a bunch of mats.

Thanks guys.
          /b
          Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Originally posted by simmsimaging View Post
            unfortunately Grant's plug in is not 2011 compatible - won't run for me.
            ah, I will mention that to him

Comment

Why don't you just make a Multi/Sub-Object material, copy one sub-material to the other slots and change the diffuse?
              - Geoff

Comment

That is what I am doing, but the material is reasonably complex, and still evolving with client feedback/changes. I'm trying to find a way to only change parameters 1 time instead of 8X whenever there is a tweak needed. I have created some complex instancing which is getting around a lot of it, but the material is getting pretty.... delicate (*all* other parameters are the same except the base diffuse colour). It would just be vastly simpler to only change the one map by matID etc.

It's not impossible of course, just a pain in the arse

b
                Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
                X