Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max 2011- is it possible to implement the previous material library layout from 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2011- is it possible to implement the previous material library layout from 2010?

Im not liking the new one in max 2011 much. I cant choose my selected objects material easily...with 2010 you can choose the object, open the material library and then see the mat but with 2011 i have to use the picker which cant pick objects behind others....
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I managed to find a link on how to do it if anyone is interested:

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autod...king-max-2011/
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Thanks, that is really helpful.
      I get used to most of the new stuff but that 2011 library is just a big mistake.
      Reflect, repent and reboot.
      Order shall return.

Comment

The best thing about this new library is how it deals with the sun linked to sky bug.

Now it remembers which scenes you had open for material libraries and keeps them open for you. So say you're setting up a scene, merge materials from a load of different scenes and end up with 5 suns in your scene - you can delete them, save and close max.
        Now open a fresh version of max, and open your material browser. Instant 5 suns from those previously opened scenes.

Plus it stopped working for me and someone else in our office. I spent an afternoon with it not working whatsoever - new or old scenes, when I opened it there was nothing there. Blank box, right click menu was empty.

It's just the worst, theres absolutley no redeeming features to it whatsoever.
        Last edited by Neilg; 25-08-2010, 08:17 AM.

Comment

There are a few things im not liking in max 2011, another one being the caddies. I cant believe that Autodesk thought they would be quicker to use...

Im also not having any luck with directx 11..just a blank screen. Lastly, the speed of max 2011 on windows 7 is very slow compared to max 2010 on win xp 64
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Each version of Max behaves differently for me, so I tend not to compare them against each other since there are some major changes going on in 2011. I too have noticed the performance difference between Window7 & XP and I have yet to narrow it down. I am assuming that it is related to DirectX/Video card drivers.
            Troy Buckley | Technical Art Director
            Midwest Studios

Comment

Working...
            X