No announcement yet.

Character needing modelling, texturing and rigged for Wednesday morning latests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character needing modelling, texturing and rigged for Wednesday morning latests

Need to source a character modeler very quickly for a project im working on.

Anyone that can do this please contact me via chaos mail or email: steve@stevesideas.net

The character needs to be low poly for rigging using bones. Must look good when using turbosmooth.

Only contact me if you are confident you could provide a high quality model complete with rigging and textures by Wednesday morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	evil_small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	870056
    Last edited by stevesideas; 30-08-2010, 09:41 AM.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Coming from a background of character modeling, I can assure you that your deadline is way off mark. Unless your high quality changes to low.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

Originally posted by trixian View Post
      Coming from a background of character modeling, I can assure you that your deadline is way off mark. Unless your high quality changes to low.
      Maybe he means Wednesday 10th November? LOL!
      Kind Regards,
      Richard Birket
      ----------------------------------->
      http://www.blinkimage.com

Comment

Yeah, even if you were asking for *just* the model (i.e. no UV's, textures, rigging) it's a completely unrealistic deadline.

Good luck!
        MDI Digital
        moonjam

Comment

Friday morning is my latest deadline. It depends how many hours you do in a day. I normally work 18 hours if Im busy. I think (not being a character modeller) that I could do it in that time but unfortunately I am working on something else. Texturing wouldnt take long...export to zbrush..auto setup guv uvw coords and texture...
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Actually, if anyone can just model the body by Thursday midday that would be good. I can do the head, rigging and texturing.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I don't want to come off sounding like a douche, but I thought I might give some input you could consider.

How would anyone know how much texturing to do on it, what colours, what types of shaders (i.e look), how close will one see him (and at what res) what the purpose is of this character, etc. when you neither specify it or supply any reference images other than the pencil sketch?
              It is also customary to make a front\side sketch, not just for ease of modeling, but to minimize the amount of personal interpretation every artist introduces when looking at reference materials, especially a quarter view drawing. (Remember, generally in 2d illustration, you can do stuff with characters that will not translate properly to 3d, and even less 3d for animation. When drawing one can use a whole array of slylizations and visual shortcuts to get the message across. Recreating these in 3d might not be desirable, and may in some cases prove to be a lot harder than you think).
              In addition you did also specify high quality, and this is by definition a very subjective matter. My standards may differ from yours.
              All these things should be defined if someone is supposed to jump in and do the job effectively, especially working over the net.
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

To be fair to him, I guess if anyone was up for it, more information would be supplied to the interested party, rather than including all and everything on this forum for all to see...
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket

Comment

Its good to see how people react to an ad like this..... and yes, I always give more info when someone asks about the job.

Never mind. Its worked out I have enough time to do the job after all.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                    To be fair to him, I guess if anyone was up for it, more information would be supplied to the interested party, rather than including all and everything on this forum for all to see...
                    Yes, this of course occurred to me after i posted, but still, I would be very hesitant to inquire any further when so little information is available up front, unless I had nothing else to do.
                    As I said, I don't mean to seem too harsh. I just wanted to point out some aspects that might help in future job postings.
                    Signing out,
                    Christian

Comment

Originally posted by stevesideas View Post
                      Its good to see how people react to an ad like this..... and yes, I always give more info when someone asks about the job.

Never mind. Its worked out I have enough time to do the job after all.
                      Good news! I'd be interested to see the results you get when you've done them, and also, in how long it takes you to get there. I always imagined detailed character modelling like this would take a LOOOONG time (when compared to a building model, for example). 2 or 3 days seems like a tiny amount of time to me. It seems I am not alone, and this is probably why it attracted the attention it did.
                      Kind Regards,
                      Richard Birket

Comment

Working...
                      X