New renderer with amazing adjustable cloud feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New renderer with amazing adjustable cloud feature

OK so if ChaosGroup can implement any feature, I would choose something in the lines of the adjustable clouds feature in this new renderer. Take a look at the 1st video:
    http://lumion3d.com/
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Looking good !! More interesting then Twinmotion with attractive pricing...especially since this is something viz freelancers won't do each day...

Comment

Kind of looks like a game engine.
      Supports VRay lightmaps too
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

It looks awful outside of the clouds.

May aswell just get the cheapest copy of vue and render hdri's all day.

Comment

I guess this is aimed at rapid visualisation of areas/buildings etc without the need of all the bells and whistles that a physical renderer can do.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

It's funny that the demo videos on the site don't really show them rendering any architecture, just a lot of trees, cats, birds, people, etc. They spend almost no time actually rendering/changing materials on the buildings - that doesn't lead me to believe good things about this for architectural visualizations despite their tagline.
            www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

The flat lighting reminds me of decades-old non-gi scanline renders. It's almost like we're going backwards now? Very low quality indeed. Though the supposed "realtime" marketing spin will have it's niche in the low-cost sector. Unfortunatelly, this may also make it more difficult for us vray-ers w/ Clients who only look at the bottom line.
              Last edited by retardus; 08-11-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Such gimmicks!

Comment

Seems that every lights and shadows are backed to textures.
                  It's a real time engine with tools for backing from Max i think ( because Vray shadow support and Max file support )
                  + they add this nice interactive cloud system .
                  If they sell only the cloud system for Max , maybe i will give an interest in tis. If not , i don't need real time engine ( i'm not an archiz artist )
                  GHiOM = Guillaume Gaillard
                  freelance 3D artist
                  www.ghiom.com

Comment

For real time this is pretty impressive for the money. It looks like the Crysis engine. The ability to layout a scene using level editing tools is very cool and the Nature demo I found very impressive considering the speeds they were claiming.
                    Will this compete with VRAY, well Chaos are going real time as well......
                    Two heads are better than one ...
                    ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
                    X