Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortcuts: 1 For Vertex, 4 for Poly etc. What for exiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortcuts: 1 For Vertex, 4 for Poly etc. What for exiting?

Hi all

When editing a poly you have 1-4 for vertex, edge, border, poly etc, I keep wanting to press 0 to exit the editing mode. Is there a shortcut to exit edit mode? I'ts annoying to keep clicking on top of the stack when editing LOTS of objects.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

By default it's either the same key (press 1 again in vertex mode to exit it, 2 to exit edge ...) or it is 6.

Comment

the 1st lot doesn't work. But 6 works great. Thank you!
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

ctrl+b is the default for going to "top-level"
        Colin Senner

Comment

Much better, this one work the same for all modifiers.

Thanks

Comment

Ah Nuts
            This works perfect for editable poly, but for editable mesh none of the "exit/top level" options work
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Using the numbers as a toggle for subObject/Top level will work if you disable that group's shortcut in the Customize Keyboard Preferences. It's something I always do with each new install of Max because I don't use any of the custom Poly/Mesh shortcuts and hate when they override their primary shortcuts. I realize this is what the Keyboard Shortcut Override Toggle is for, but since I've never used the specific shortcut keys, I find it easier to just disable them.

Go to Customize > Customize User Preferences, then select Edit/Editable Mesh from the Group dropdown box, and uncheck the "Active" checkbox. You can do the same for Edit Poly, Editable Poly, etc. and as far as I can tell the "press the same number twice" to toggle in/out works in all object/modifier types.
              | LinkedIn | Twitter | JCanimator.com |

Comment

Working...
              X